Monday, November 15, 2004

About the Wedding Song

It Never Ends

Random Question #4: If you were to get married right now, what song would you pick for the bride and groom's first dance?

If by some miracle "Mr Right Now" lost the Now and wanted to get married tomorrow, and I didn't wake up before the honeymoon (man, I love the wedding/passionate sex dream, but that's another post, innit?), I would probably want our song to be the first dance. And I don't mean Elton John. I mean the song that embodies our relationship.

For David and I it was "Lady in Red", which may be inappropriate for a white wedding, but then again, if I were marrying David, I'd probably wear red, so no biggie.

If K-La-La and I were getting married, the song would have to be "Live and Let Die" (duh-nuh-nuh, duh-nuh-nuh, duh-nuh-nuh; duh-nuh-nuh, duh-nuh-nuh Da Daaa). But we might just sing it instead of dancing to it, as neither of us can really dance. Not that I don't try, 'cause I do, and K-La-La may be a whiz kid on the floor, but I'll be damned if anyone but Kurt can get her out there.

If Kurt and I got married, (well, we don't have a song, and I wouldn't marry Kurt, but this is a hypothetical) I'd say we should dance to "Waiting For Tonight" because that karaoke song bound us together in drunkenness once. Oh, Glory Be.

I had a brief, yet fruitful relationship with a boy named Steve, and if things had gone (way) differently, he and I would have danced to "Anyone Else But You".

I guess those are all the real relationships I've had. I'm reminded of a song that began, "I've had no luck with love, or not enough to say..."

No comments: