Sunday, June 19, 2005

Stones Thrown

A trip to town

[Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a man of no degrees, and my spelling is bad, but I have a good sense of humor. Living On a small Island, on the coast of Georgia thats all you need. In time you'll see how this works.]

Oh no! I got to go to town!
Town a large place were a hundred thousand people try to exist. It's vastly differant than out here on our tiny little Island. We call it Tybeeitis, a dreaded trip to town.
Stop lights with camaras. Its like being bushwacked if you get stuck in the intersection after the light changes and, the people in the car ahead of you can't prosead because the guy in front of him gets stuck. Your out $70.
Cops, killers, lawyers, are at the top of the food chain. turist, pedestians, motorist at the bottom.
Traffic..... My god, a trip to town is like taking a ride on the bumper cars at the fair. The fast lane is the slow lane, The slow lane is the fast lane. Turn signals are obsoleat. Caution, and courtiousness forget it. It's evry man for himself.
When Your done with your chores, and heading backe east on US highway 80. Out along the causway toward the beach, the peaceful feeling of calm a serenity is palpable as you cross Lazaretto Creek bridge.
Whith town in your rearview mirrow, and the sun going down in the waest. Ahhhh its nice being back to the beach.

Visit "Stones Thrown"

1 comment:

The Brooklyn Blowhard said...

Great site! I didn't click on "next blog", I saw you linked on the "Charlie Parker" site, another great blog.