Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Blunt Instrument

I'm Hot, Sexy, Desired by Women, Match.com Certified, but Now I'm Dating Someone...

Background Summary: About 10 months ago, my friend Mark told me at work how he swears by match.com, and that he met a lot of great girls there...I figured that I wasn't meeting anyone I liked, and that it couldn't hurt...so I went ahead and put up my profile...I got inquiries here and there...nothing major...and a few amusing emails...after a few weeks, I figured it ranked up there with the worst $50 I've ever spent...I mean, after all - that's 5 drinks!

...Recently I've started dating this girl who is mad cool, mad funny, mad hot, and "wicked smaht"...she's the first girl I've liked enough to date more than thrice in a while...which is a big deal for those of you who know my dating habits...

A few weeks ago, I met her friend (we'll call her Jane), Jane...I just found out that Jane broke up with her boyfriend of 6 years last weekend...so she's somewhat distressed and apparently looking to rebound...

So on Monday of this week, she begins her new quest for a new boyfriend, and she decides to drown her sorrows by checking out match.com...

CONTINUE READING

...Interestingly enough, Jane goes to the match.com main page...and guess who she sees selected as the "Match.com Member Profile of the Day"?

...Yeahhhhh...that be me...

And guess who Jane forwards it to and then guess who emails me chastising me for having my "biodata online"?...

...Yeahhhhh....that be her...

Nothing ever happened with the damn site until I start actually start dating someone...Additionally, women have a way of smelling out guys in relationships, and coming out of the woodwork and in full force as soon as men decide that..."Hey! - I like this one girl - I think I could date her exclusively...! It's famine when you're starving, and feast when you're..."full"....

It's a cold, cruel, world we live in... ;)

Visit "Blunt Instrument"

No comments: