Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Badly Dubbed Boy (UK)

My Dream Relationship...

Last night, my flatmate stumbled in from the pub a tad the worse for wear for drink, and proceeded to grill me with respect to my life in this glorious city of ours, and the relationship between myself and the residents of this great city. So I proceeded to tell him, at length. Which flummoxed him somewhat.
I stumbled to bed, and had a great huge long saga of a dream (David Lean eat your heart out) of great heartbreak with some woman who I was presumably in love with.
Thusly I woke up this morning rather like the Jim Carrey character in Eternal Sunshine - not too sure why I'm feeling blue, and recovering from a memory of something that never existed in the first place.
The lesson is: Don't think before you go to bed. And don't eat cheese. Now I'm off to turn on the radio where every single song will be about great love or great heartbreak. ;-)

Karate Kid - The Musical!

It's Karate, Kid the Musical! - only in New York.
When I was a kid, I (along with probably every other Western-Chinese kid) was tortured by school demons imitating Mr. Miyagi, and doing the whole wax-on/wax-off motif.
Now they've made a song out of it. Unsurprisingly, for a musical that plugs itself as being about "Honor. Friendship. Fisting," it's amazingly camp-sounding.
Also unsurprisingly, there's not a single Asian-American in the cast. I await the angry mobs of unemployed Asian-American actors with interest.
It's stuff like this that just made me wish I lived in New York. (spotted via boing boing)

BLOG LINK

No comments: